A Joomla website is a site created with the leading content management system Joomla!.
It has been hailed as the leading open source content management system. It was first part of mambo. Part of the project team broke off and created joomla. Version 1.0 was born and went to version 1.0.15.This version is now not supported any more.
Joomla 1.5 was launched and was a complete redo of Joomla. New structure, new database and security enhancements. The layout in the administration panel also change a lot. Joomla 1.6 is in development.
To get going with your Joomla website is easier than you think. The steps are:
1) Get a hosting account capable of hosting joomla (like www.joomla-africa.com)
2) Get a domain name. What your web site will be called. A domain name is a very important decision.
3) Open your hosting account with your hosting provider.
4) Upload Joomla using an FPT programme or a install using a script. A script is a available from some providers (Joomla Website)
5) Configure your Joomla Web Site. This includes adding the right components, making some file changes, setting SEF links, and making some other configuration changes.
6) Change the look and feel of your web site with a template of your choice. There is a wide variety to select from. Take time in deciding. It is best to have one developed for you.
7) Add content according to your web site plan. More content is better. Unique content is best. And a lot of it. Take time to write about your products and services. Take time to create content on your business. Write articles about your industry.
8) Ensure your SEO is done on your joomla website. SEO entails two key areas. On page and Off page. On page includes your pages, meta tags, title tags and links on your web site. Off site in essence are links to your web site.
Joomla is the ideal tool for:
- Small business looking at an affordable solution to their website needs. This system is scalable allowing to grow with the company. It is also possible to have advanced features and benefits that would only be available to higher priced systems. A good example is a forum, or an event system, or posting comments, or building a database of people for your newsletter.
- A great tool for churches, non profit organisations, shopping centres and clubs. Joomla helps with building communities. With the user registration system you are able to allow people to register on your web site. This gives them access to special content.
We have developed Joomla websites for various companies. This includes small business owners. The big benefit is the ability to make changes on the fly with no coding knowledge. Gone are the days where you are completely dependant on a web designer. You are now able to make your own changes, any time. If you are able to work with word, you will be able to manage Joomla.
Another great benefit is the development of Joomla components. These components allow you to add functionality to your web site at a fraction of the fee it would have been when developed from the scratch. Components (over 3000 to select from) cover a range of added functionalities. From forums, booking systems, e-commerce, private messaging, community building, real estate listing, vehicle listing, membership websites, galleries, downloads, and more.
Learning Joomla is easy. It takes some time to get used to the system. Finding your way around the back end (administrator area). Once you have a general idea how everything fits together, you start working quickly and effortlessly.
There are literarily thousands of people making the switch from a static, difficult to manage, expensive static web site to the more advanced Joomla system. This is truly a new world with a lot of possibilities. Make that change! Get moving with your Joomla Website today!
Make that switcth! Contact us to discuss your web site design needs
Quick Joomla Website Design, Joomla Hosting, Joomla SEO Contact
Request for more Joomla Information Now!
Use the form to obtain more information on Joomla Website Design, Joomla Hosting and Joomla SEO.
* indicates a required field.